Photobucket

Thursday, January 15, 2009

What Time Is It?

8 o'clock...9 o'clock...10 o'clock...we're waiting for the MRI that is scheduled for 11 a.m. No food or water again. A CT scan to follow...no food or water before that either. 11 o'clock... 12 o'clock...1 o'clock. Still no MRI. We got bumped down on the schedule by someone that came in to ER. Then we'll wait for the doctor to get the report, and wait for the consultation with her. The waiting game is exhausting and nerve-wracking. You know what I mean, because you've been in that "waiting room" before, haven't you? As I was reading Psalm 25 this morning, verse 5 jumped right off the page. "Lead me in your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; FOR YOU I WAIT ALL THE DAY." No wonder this is so exhausting - I'm waiting on the wrong thing. I'm waiting on tests and reports and doctors. God invites me to wait on Him instead.

I have to ask myself - what's the difference? The clock ticks at the same speed either way. How will the change in focus affect me? The answer soon became obvious. As I wait on tests and reports and man I am anxious. (Will they be late again? Will it be bad news? How much longer?) In contrast, Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." When waiting on the Lord we don't develop fear, but strength and courage. He won't be late, He will be enough, He has it all under His mighty hand.

Tonight we're still waiting. The reports are not in, the mysteries are still unsolved. Again tomorrow we'll wait...this time on the Lord. It won't come naturally.

2 comments:

Emmanuel Reinbold said...

Chris,
Please know that you are in my prayers daily! Stay encouraged by what God is doing in and through you during this time!

Pastor Emmanuel

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful analogy, Chris, you do not wait alone.