Photobucket

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bargain Souvenirs and Buckets of Praise

Continued medical treatment keeps me from participating in a Holy Land trip that I organized and that will be leaving shortly. I read an article on how members of the trip could bring home an inexpensive souvenir. There is a stopping point for tourists near the Mt. of Olives, which is popular for a group photo or camel ride and near this spot our Lord passed by on a lowly burrow. The writer suggests that you pocket an ordinary stone to take home, and display it with a note that says, "One of the stones that didn't cry out." This is in reference to Luke 19:35-40 and is referred to as the Triumphant Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem. Jesus was told to rebuke His disciples as they shouted the words from Psalm 118 (though they left out verse 22, which reads, "The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.") Most of the Pharisees were frustrated with this display of praise and were wanting Jesus to tone down the crowd, essentially saying "These men are calling you the king of Israel." Jesus approved their words and accepted their praise, adding that if His followers became silent, the very stones would cry out. So pilgrims, collect your stone, and offer Him buckets of praise, because that is what all of creation does (i.e. sun, moon, stars, waters, mountains, cedars, fruit trees, fire, snow, clouds - Psalm 148).

We look forward to seeing you soon, but in the meantime, and the in-between time, offer Jesus your wholehearted, full-throated praise, for He is supremely worth of it all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris,Our message today at church was are we willing to pay the price and win the race for Jesus and are we making a difference for Christ. I read your postings and I know that you are!Your postings and your words are making a difference, to go through what you are and to still have faith and praise is so AMAZING! I know that I could not be so brave. There are times that I feel sorry for myself and all I have to do is read your words and know we are so blessed to have such an awesome God. We pray for you and your family daily, the light is at the end of the tunnel for your return,please tell Eunice we miss her too, love Toni

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris,you never cease to teach
while walking through this valley. That God is ever present when we seek his comfort and praise him for
what he will surely accomplish in us. The gift you are giving to all who read is pricless! We love you and Unice, we pray for your return. My god bless you and your
family. Bethany is a joy in Sunday school. Love Liz & Ernie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Chris & Eunice!!

It was So Good to visit with you the other night...just to hear your voices lifted me up! It won't be long now until you are HOME!! Woo Hoo!!!

Our (Israel trip) meeting on Sunday went well!! Mike & I shared this story with them. So we will all be bringing home a little piece of the Holy Land with us! I was getting a bit scared about the trip but now am all excited to go!! We are all very sad that you will not be coming with us...but you will be there in Spirit to guide us along the way. The Lord must have MUCH Bigger Plans for you, we can all see how He has blessed you and 'we' are reaping the benifits through your blogs. Keep it up and stay strong! January 19th will be here before we know it! We are just sorry we will not be here for your HOME COMING!! Save some Hugs for us until WE get back!

We LOVE and MISS you both!!

Anna & Mike

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Eunice!
I hope this finds you having a good day basking in the love of our precious Savior.

Thinking of you and praying for your continued healing and peace.

Love,
Marcia Felder

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that when we knew that you wouldn't be able to make the Israel reip with us, we were crushed. We were looking forward to spending time with you and hearing your comments and reactions to what we're going to see. Then the war in the Gaza Strip escalated and the ground troups went in and if you pay attention to the news, you'd have to wonder why anyone would want to go there right now. We're just counting on the fact that since there seems to be all these discouraging developments, GOD must have something really big in mind to show us there. We want you to know that if we get the chance (and we did the last time we were in Israel), we will put your name in the wailing wall. We will be carrying you in our hearts even if your physical presence isn't with us. We're sorry that we're missing your homecoming in McCook. But you picked a good time to return. With all of us gone, it will help with crowd control!
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
Gary and Barb

svobren said...

Chris, we are praying for you and Eunice each day. It is such an encouragement to read your blog,its amazing to see how you are touching peoples lives as you go through this most difficult time. We indeed serve an amazing God, what a privilage it is to serve Him. We love you and we miss you both,we are anxious for you to come home.Darrell and Brenda

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I read how you are feeling the fatique of the therapy you are being given. I understand this by watching my mom on dialysis for about 7 months. I also remember the movie, THE PASSION, and the fatique Christ must have felt but the love of HIS FATHER and the purpose set forth for Him, kept him going.
I am a purpose for you to keep going. I know you and Eunice have so much yet to teach me and enable me to do as I continue to learn and try to live my life according to Christ. Keep up the work and just let Christ take up that slack when you feel overwhelmed.
I don't know if I am saying this as well as I want to but hope you get my meaning.
We miss you both and can't wait for your home coming.
In Him
Cathy and Ken