Photobucket

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

High Octane Worship

I often wonder when I think of how the angels in heaven worship our great God, if He doesn't think that our worship is rather feeble. Four times in Scripture we read about the beauty of His holiness: I Chronicles 16:29, 2 Chronicles 20:21, Psalm 29:2, Psalm 96:9. When we read about His holiness it is typically repeated three times, "Holy, holy, holy" (Isaiah 6). This is the Hebrew writer's way of expressing a superlative. In the English language we use the terms good, better, best. We often say, "That was the best piece of pie I have ever eaten." We might get asked, "Even better than the last one that I made?" When the authors of Scripture wanted to make a strong point, it was through repetition. So think about this phrase as it refers to our God: the beauty of His holiness. Beauty is something that commands and invites attention. Sometimes it might even be flawless. That is the great thing about the infinite God that we worship - He is majestic and beautiful in holiness and we could learn something from the angelic creation by affirming it constantly and maintaining the correct posture while doing so. I am convinced that God wants us to see and enjoy His superlative beauty.

In respect to health, please pray for continued stamina and a good outcome for a liver test tomorrow. Join us in thanking God that I am out of ICU and into a private room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is like a daily devotional God is using to draw me to Himself. These entries are all the more meaningful as I know you are writing them DURING your fiery trial. You are an example of seeking God instead of falling into self-pity. Thanks a lot for writing.
Darcey Hansen