Photobucket

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Solution to Self Pity

God has a way of quickly terminating self pity, when you think your personal troubles are at the summit and exceed everyone else's. My own troubles have a different perspective because I have looked through the lenses of a friend of the Svoboda family, Jan Wheeler (multiple severe health problems); through the many surgeries of the Rowe children; through the woman who suffered twelve years from a hemorrhage (Mark 6:26). I used to, with tongue in cheek, state that this verse was a current commentary on our own medical community, for it states that she had suffered much at the hands of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was not helped at all, but rather had grown worse. But the point of the story is centered on her faith and the Great Physician, as she reached out to touch His garment. He is still the Great Physician and my faith awaits His reaching out and touching me, and healing me.

Please pray that my bilirubin level and other high levels of enzymes will normalize. We had an unexpected CT scan today and hope that it supplies the physician with precise knowledge of how to proceed.

No comments: