Photobucket

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blog On Pause - Sort Of

I'll start with the medical news tonight. Weather permitting and God willing I have one more radiology treatment tomorrow. My oncologist has recommended that later in the day I transfer to a hospital in Ft. Worth where an endoscopy can see whether I have any blockages in certain pathways that don't allow the bilirubin levels to come down. I covet your prayers for this procedure, as well as the dry mouth condition which continues. My inability to eat has been complicated by the addition of a severe sore throat. They have also discovered an irregular rhythm in my heart which they need to investigate further. I am greatly appreciative for doctors and drugs and technology, but realize my ultimate healer is the Lord. Please pray Psalm 40:11 on my behalf: "You, O Lord, will not withhold Your compassion from me; Your lovingkindness and Your truth will continually preserve me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris and Eunice, We're all praying that today is your very last treatment and your battle worn body can begin to heal with rest. We are so anxious for you to come home, but we don't want you to get ahead of what the doctors think is best.
We met for prayer last night. I hope you felt it. All of us were in agreement concerning your healing and your return.
I've had to remind myself again recently that God is ALWAYS at work even when our circumstances don't seem to change. Remember when Daniel was waiting on the Lord for the interpretation of his vision and he fasted and mourned for 21 days and when he got his answer, the messenger said that the answer had been sent out the minute he asked, but he had been delayed because he was wrestling with the powers of darkness.
I'm convinced that God is at work and His timing is perfect. Hang in there, we're all pulling for you. You guys are loved more than you'll ever know. Barb and Gary