Photobucket

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Anticipating His First Coming

Among my favorite verses is one found in Isaiah 42:3, where it states this about the coming servant, "A bruised reed He will not break and a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish." One of the reasons, no doubt, that the servant of the Lord (Jesus) was anticipated at His first coming was due to the comfort and encouragement He would have for the weak and oppressed. While some might have been looking for a mighty deliverer, I think there were quite a number looking forward to Him because of His gentleness, comfort, and help. In Dallas today, although I completed my last radiation treatment, I still feel like a dimly burning wick. Pray that the next few days I will gain strength and be rid of some of the after effects of the radiation. Tomorrow is another test, an endoscopy, as they explore with a camera exactly what is happening in my pancreatic, liver, and gall bladder region. I covet your prayers concerning this.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

8:1 lamnatsêach `al-haggittiyth mizmor ledhâvidh

8:2 Adonay'adhonêynu mâh-'addiyr shimkha bekhol-hâ'ârets 'asher tenâh hodhekha`al-hashâmâyim

8:3 mippiy `oleliym veyoneqiym yissadhtâ `oz lema`antsorereykha lehashbiyth 'oyêbh umithnaqqêm

8:4 kiy-'er'eh shâmeykhama`asêy 'etsbe`otheykha yârêach vekhokhâbhiym 'asher konântâh

8:5 mâh-'enosh kiy-thizkerennu ubhen-'âdhâm kiy thiphqedhennu

8:6 vattechasserêhu me`ath mê'elohiym vekhâbhodh vehâdhâr te`atherêhu

8:7 tamshiylêhu bema`asêy yâdheykha kol shattâh thachath-raghlâyv

8:8 tsonehva'alâphiym kullâm vegham bahamoth sâdhây

8:9 tsippor shâmayim udheghêyhayyâm `obhêr 'ârchoth yammiym

8:10 Adonay 'adhonêynumâh-'addiyr shimkha bekhol-hâ'ârets

Linda

Anonymous said...

As beneficial as chemotherapy is to ridding our bodies of disease, it still remains chemotherapy and radiation assault our systems and cause huge amounts of distress as our body tries to rid itself of these unnatural afflictions. I think when your liver has time to rest and only has to deal with food and nutrition that supports health, it will recover. (That is my inexperienced armchair opinion) But it is also our prayer. May the Holy Spirit of God breathe into you lifegiving vitality, renewal of strength, and restoration of all the good defenses He designed and intends for us to have. Don't give up and we won't give up praying. Gary and Barb

Anonymous said...

Dearest Uncle Chris:
I dont know exactly if you remember much of me, but this is your nephew Tyler. Kevin's oldest son. I vaguely remember time we spent getting to know each other, as I only have a few family videos from many years ago. But i just wanted to say that I have regretingly missed out on alot. My mother and father dont exactly see eye to eye and so it has made it extremely hard for me. But, I wish you well and was saddened to hear of your condition. God heals though. He will protect you. I hope to get to know my uncle chris if you feel up to chat. My email is drmer4life@hotmail.com, or you can call my cell at 417 231 1092.