Photobucket

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Table Top (Radiology) Prayer

In my daily radiology treatments I send a prayer to God based on Colossians 1:15, "For by Him all things were created, both in heaven and earth, visible and invisible." My invisible spirit and soul were created by Him, and my increasingly visible body, and thousands upon thousands of invisible cells that make up my body. My simple prayer to God during treatment is that He would direct these invisible beams of light to every cell in my brain that is harmful or counterproductive to good health. I pray that God would cause the treatment to eliminate, destroy, and eradicate any and all cancer cells that would subvert the purpose for which I was created...to love...serve...and glorify Him. As you continue to pray for me, this would be a specific way in which our great God could apply His great power to a specific need.

We were greeted with a surprise ice storm yesterday that knocked out the power to 48,000 homes, including the Lodge where we are staying. After several hours, we packed up to go to my sister's home for the night. The power outage also kept me from adding to the blog, which I love to do. In our treatment countdown, only 9 remain, and 8 days of chemotherapy. Both radiology and chemo have begun to sap me of energy and increase my fatigue level. Please add this concern to your prayers.

No comments: