Photobucket

Friday, January 30, 2009

It All Seems So Simple

I was reading in Matthew 8 today, where Jesus came down from the mountain and the multitudes followed Him. Suddenly standing in front of Him, but then quickly bowing, was a leper. The leper made a simple statement, "Lord, if you be willing you can make me clean." (vs. 3) Then there is the simple response, "Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him saying, 'I am willing; be cleansed.'" The simple conclusion: immediately his leprosy was cleansed, and Jesus gave him some additional instructions. I guess this is my prayer when I wake up and when I lay my head on my pillow at night, a simple one saying, "Lord, if You be willing, you can make me well." I wish His answer and response back to me was as clear and simple as His words and actions to the leper. Even though I haven't heard from the Lord, I have heard from Him "My grace is sufficient for you." (2 Cor. 12:9) Each day I have to draw from that grace because I so desperately want to hear those three simple words: "I am willing."

Medical update: Dry mouth persists, bilirubin and liver remain a mystery. The procedure I had done today did not give us any real clues to the problem, so the diagnosis continues to be toxicity which will be relieved over the next several months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carol Kent and Bonnie Keen were inspirational today. We missed Eunice at the retreat. The black light presentation Lauren was in last night was cool. We look forward to ways we can minister to you both when you return.
Darcey