Photobucket

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Somebody Pinch Me Please

The phone calls rolled in like the waves of a gentle surf. One of my boys shared how an investor came on board with his company to the tune of nearly 12 million dollars. Another boy called and was excited to be selected to do some artwork for the Jacksonville Zoo. Our 5th grade girl called, reporting of straight A's on her report card. Parents long to hear of their children's success and progress. The greatest phone call that a Christian parent could receive is found in the short epistle of Third John, where the beloved disciple writes, "I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth." Just prior to this he spoke of the substance of his prayer for his children, "I pray that in all respects you prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers. For I was very glad when brethren came and testified to your truth, that is, how you are walking in the truth." We all want to see our children become successful and prosperous in multiple areas. But the bottom line for me as a parent and as a pastor is to know that "my children" are walking in the truth. When I hear that they are, my joy is off the charts and my mouth says, "Somebody pinch me please."

Please pray that God will make clear to the physicians treating me why my bilirubin count is so elevated. Even after radiation is completed, they do not wish to send home a patient with questionable liver function.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Please advise your doctors that it just may
be the Texas air that is making your liver count up!
That you will be better in good old Nebraska.
Where one day it is cold and the next like Spring.
Where you are loved and needed!
We are praying for you with each breath and
longing to see your smiling faces (and yes, bald
head, Chris). You are loved
Michelle Lytle