Photobucket

Friday, January 9, 2009

Chris sends this from ICU:
In the time before a procedure, when they do not allow you to have food and water, my thirst becomes so intense it becomes nearly unbearable. This quickly takes me to the passage where Jesus cries out "I thirst." We should translate our experiences to biblical meditations. It made me realize how great His thirst must have been during His passion (sufferings), all to give us the freeness, the fullness, the satisfaction of living water. The Psalmist also speaks of the depths of His sufferings in these words which relate to thirst: "My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue cleaves to My jaws." (Psalm 22:15) Just as Jesus invited the Samaritan woman to experience the living water, the body of Christ must continue that task. That is why we remain here on planet earth, as well as to give Him praise for so great a salvation.

I am requesting friends that read my blog to pray for my many friends taking the trip to Israel on the 13th. Although it was my intent to conduct the trip, I will join you in requesting journey mercies and the Lord's watch care.

Today I had an echo cardiogram and a scope of my lungs, and we are awaiting results from each. Antibiotics have assisted in freer breathing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you pray for us as we go to Israel, we will be praying for your complete and whole recover, thanking God that you set up this trip and missing you as you are not physically present. We will be thankful that you will be present in spirit.
Blessings,
George & Eileen

Anonymous said...

Our continued prayers go out to you Chris and your wonderful wife and family. We so appreciate being able to keep up with your writings. God certainly has been with you every moment of this journey and we pray for more strengh and encouragement in the days to come. We miss you and hope you return soon.
Gene and Jan