Photobucket

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday night

My mind was occupied today with the hymn "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name," in which angels prostrate fall. I wondered if Colossians 1:16 might have been the hymn writer's inspiration, because there it states that "all things were created by Him and for Him, and He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." Such power, immensity, authority, and purpose in His creation. So when we read the words at Christmas, "Thou shalt call His name Jesus" let's remember from Colossians 1that He is Lord and to have first place in everything. Every day that passes should bring fresh awareness of the One by whom and for whom all things have been created.

I had three appointments today, one with each of my doctors. Blood work showed that the chemo is not having a negative effect on my blood. Radiation continues to go well, and we met with a nutritionist who encouraged us to continue eating well and maintaining this weight. (I did lose 20 pounds.) The neurosurgeon is very happy with my progress, and gave some encouraging words about my vision. He helped us understand that the problem is not with my eyes; I am seeing about as I did before, with the exception of the lost peripheral vision. The problem is that my brain is unable to interpret what it is seeing, so I feel that I cannot see as well. We ask you to keep praying for healing in respect to this difficulty.

We continue to get such wonderful reports about your faithfulness, maturity, love and desire to bear fruit. Thank you for being such a great blessing to us even while we are apart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris and Eunice,
It is such a blessing to read your writings. It is a testiment of two hearts deeply in love with our Lord.Chris did you share your transgressions with the Purple Cow with your nutritionist? With the statement of "continue to eat well" I doubt that you did.We continue to lift you and your family up in prayer and will be praying for your vision situation.
As you arise in the morning the beginning of a new day "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and grace to help us in our time of need".

Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Chris and Eunice, I am so inspired when I read your postings. No matter what we are going through, I know it is nothing with what you face everyday with absolute grace. We have to go see the surgeon on Weds of next week to see if CJ's femur is healing. We continue to pray for your family and Sydney asks EVERYDAY when you and Eunice are coming home, and will Santa be able to find you. She has her prioritys in line. We miss you all and are counting the days til you will be back home. God Bless ,Toni