Photobucket

Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday night

A descriptive term from scripture of the believer's adversary is that he (Satan) is crafty. I'm convinced over a difficult trial that part of his craft is as a malevolent gardener, planting seeds of deception, doubt, and despair.
--The seeds of deception are where he outright contradicts God's Word. It may be a lie or slander on our God's character, or even on His purposes working together for our good (Romans 8).
--If deception doesn't work, he casts shadows of doubt and has been doing so ever since Eve strolled in the Garden. The adversary's tactics include attempts to destroy or weaken the faith through doubting the Father, the One Who is Faithful and True.
--The seeds of despair are utilized to focus our attention on the problems, the difficulties, the reversals, the losses. We turn inward, lose hope, and forget that we are complete in Jesus Christ, in Whom we have everything pertaining to life and godliness.

Christ, and Christ alone, remains my anchor through this storm, and He is my hope and salvation. As the hymnwriter said, "One little word shall fell him." One Word from Christ will bring ultimate doom to the believer's crafty enemy.

We shared coffee this morning with a Christian brother who also had a brain tumor almost five years ago, and has gone through nearly the exact treatment I am currently undergoing. It was an encouragement to meet somebody who faced a similar situation and has had success in overcoming it. I am looking forward to two days off from radiation treatments, but will resume on Monday, and have 22 left. That's good news! "Great is Thy faithfulness - all I have needed Thy hand hath provided - Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris & Eunice,
It has been a long time since I have seen you guys...so long that I don't recognize your kids anymore (except the girls)!!! Jeanne had told me of your diagnosis & sent me this blog page. I just wanted to say I have beem thinking of you and your family from day one.
Sending healing thoughts & prayers your way from Lexington, Oklahoma,
Kaleen (Eagan) Clark